Yesterday, I mentioned John Dewey in my post about the latest issue of Journal of Curriculum Studies. This gave me an idea, and as a result I figured out that it would have been nice to add a work by Dewey in my gem-series. I know, it is not a famous book of mathematics or mathematics education, but Dewey’s theories have had great influence in educational research in general, and also in research in mathematics education. Therefore, I am happy to present today’s gem: “Democracy and Education”, by John Dewey. As usual, you can read it below, or download the pdf. Happy reading!
- RT @shankerinst: We are devastated to report the death of David K. Cohen, a founding member of the Albert Shanker Institute’s board of dire… 4 weeks ago
- Check this out! twitter.com/SLSingh/status… 1 month ago
- I really appreciated the keynote by @deborah_ball #TWSummerInstitute To quote some of her closing words: "It's coll… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- RT @TeachingWorks: Today is the day! If you signed up to join us, the link to view our #TWSummerInstitute keynote address today is waiting… 3 months ago
- Looking forward to the lecture by @deborah_ball at #TWSummerInstitute 3 months ago