NCTM is a huge organization for teachers of mathematics in the US, and it has certainly had a strong impact through the years. Michael Paul Goldenberg – author of the blog: Rational Mathematics Education – has written a very long and interesting article where he criticize this grand organization. For me – a Norwegian researcher with both legs planted firmly in Europe – this provides an interesting insight into the US discourse. I recommend reading the article, whether you agree with his views or not!
- RT @shankerinst: We are devastated to report the death of David K. Cohen, a founding member of the Albert Shanker Institute’s board of dire… 3 months ago
- Check this out! twitter.com/SLSingh/status… 3 months ago
- I really appreciated the keynote by @deborah_ball #TWSummerInstitute To quote some of her closing words: "It's coll… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 months ago
- RT @TeachingWorks: Today is the day! If you signed up to join us, the link to view our #TWSummerInstitute keynote address today is waiting… 6 months ago
- Looking forward to the lecture by @deborah_ball at #TWSummerInstitute 6 months ago