A little more than a month ago, Mumbai (India) was the venue for a three-day massacre that caught the world’s attention (see for instance this Newsweek article). This week, a far more peaceful event takes place in Mumbai, namely the 3rd International conference to review research on Science, TEchnology and Mathematics Education (epiSTEME 3). The conference presents a number of interesting main speakers, but unfortunately there appears to be little or no live coverage. As far as I can tell, none of the presentations are put online, but you can still get an impression by reading the extensive list of abstracts.
- How nice! Actually, I thought it might be you when I heard your name, Raymond (@MathEdnet)! We should talk tomorrow :-) 1 month ago
- Enjoyed rehearsing rehearsals at #Novemberkonferansen with @ekazemi today! Choral counting has a lot to it! 4 months ago
- J. Skott: «Generic example of generic proofs is Gauss: 1+2+3...+100=?» #Novemberkonferansen #playonwords 4 months ago
- Next up at #Novemberkonferansen is Jeppe Skott, who talks about Goldilocks, mathematical reasoning and proof. Nice combination :-) 4 months ago
- Listening to a very nice lecture on the importance of maths by Chris Budd ( people.bath.ac.uk/mascjb/) at #Novemberkonferansen 4 months ago