Yesterday, I mentioned John Dewey in my post about the latest issue of Journal of Curriculum Studies. This gave me an idea, and as a result I figured out that it would have been nice to add a work by Dewey in my gem-series. I know, it is not a famous book of mathematics or mathematics education, but Dewey’s theories have had great influence in educational research in general, and also in research in mathematics education. Therefore, I am happy to present today’s gem: “Democracy and Education”, by John Dewey. As usual, you can read it below, or download the pdf. Happy reading!
- Sharing some thoughts about the process of settling down in Ann Arbor. #Sabbatical fulbright.no/grantee-experi… 1 day ago
- RT @velonews: Time trials can be a snooze, but the elite men’s ITT championship race was quite the opposite. velonews.com/2017/09/news/b… 3 days ago
- RT @UMichFootball: It’s GAME DAY! And we’re back home! #GoBlue https://t.co/2D0LrxW26l 2 weeks ago
- RT @UMichFootball: Tomorrow, the Wolverines return to The Big House. “You get chills.” #GoBlue https://t.co/syU3YHTUxn 2 weeks ago
- RT @SpringerEdu: Special Issue from ZDM! Digital Curricula in Mathematics Education. Interested? Check this out link.springer.com/journal/11858/… htt… 3 weeks ago