Yesterday, I mentioned John Dewey in my post about the latest issue of Journal of Curriculum Studies. This gave me an idea, and as a result I figured out that it would have been nice to add a work by Dewey in my gem-series. I know, it is not a famous book of mathematics or mathematics education, but Dewey’s theories have had great influence in educational research in general, and also in research in mathematics education. Therefore, I am happy to present today’s gem: “Democracy and Education”, by John Dewey. As usual, you can read it below, or download the pdf. Happy reading!
- RT @MatthewMaddux: Developing mathematical knowledge for teaching teachers: potentials of history of mathematics in teacher educator traini… 10 months ago
- RT @CERME11_2019: In preparation for the conference, we kindly ask you to send questions about ERME research, questions about ERME itself,… 10 months ago
- Developing mathematical knowledge for teaching teachers: potentials of history of mathematics in teacher educator t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 months ago
- Looking forward to last day (for me) of the EML 2018 with @deborah_ball. What a wonderful opportunity to study, dis… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @A2SchoolsSuper: We ❤️ #TreeTown @A2schools #InspireA2 #A2gether Ann Arbor named best place to live in America - again https://t.co/yRrH… 1 year ago