The journal aims to stimulate reflection on mathematics education at all levels: to generate productive discussion; to encourage enquiry and research; to promote criticism and evaluation of ideas and procedures current in the field
It is intended for the mathematics educator who is aware that the learning and teaching of mathematics are complex enterprises about which much remains to be revealed and understood
It reflects both the variety of research concerns within the field and the range of methods used to study them. We accept for submission articles in Portuguese, English, French and Spanish. The journal emphasizes high-level articles that go beyond local or national interest.
The journal has an online submission system, and the Open Journal Systems is being used. The journal is an online journal, and it appears to have an Open Access philosophy, so that the articles will be freely available for everyone to read/download. The aims of the journal are:
- to stimulate reflection on mathematics education at all levels;
- to generate productive discussion;
- to encourage enquiry and research;
- to promote criticism and evaluation of ideas and procedures current in the field
Unfortunately, I cannot find an RSS feed yet, but I am definitely going to keep an eye on this journal even though!
The first issue of the journal is already available, and it contains several interesting articles. The following articles are in English:
- Gesture, conceptual integration and mathematical talk, by Laurie Edwards
- Learning in virtual environments: a methodology for the analysis of teacher discourse, by Marcello Bairral
- Teacher’s semiotic games in mathematics laboratory, by Ornella Robutti
One thought on “New journal in mathematics education!”
Online study groups have a very interesting methodology employed which makes learning fun and also a more interactive activity. These study guides were one such deal for me.