The (Montana) Mathematics Enthusiast, edited by Bharath Sriraman has been selected by the National Science Foundation’s Math and Science Partnership (MSP) program committee to assemble and publish a set of papers over the next two years to expand avenues for more MSP projects to share what they are learning about mathematics and science education through an internationally recognized peer-reviewed journal that is widely available. Papers will be selected from the Learning Network Conference scheduled to take place on January 23-24, 2012, in Washington, DC. This conference features about 100 MSP projects, including large partnerships targeting science and/or mathematics teaching and learning in specific grade bands or disciplinary areas, institute partnerships focusing on developing teacher leadership, partnership incubator (or “Start”) projects focusing on learning about institutional partnership development, and research and evaluation projects studying and supporting MSP and similar work. The overarching goal of the MSP program, which was created by Congress in 2002, is to increase K-12 student achievement in STEM subjects through consequential partnerships between higher education and K-12 institutions, involving STEM faculty in deep and meaningful ways.
- RT @MatthewMaddux: Developing mathematical knowledge for teaching teachers: potentials of history of mathematics in teacher educator traini… 2 months ago
- RT @CERME11_2019: In preparation for the conference, we kindly ask you to send questions about ERME research, questions about ERME itself,… 2 months ago
- Developing mathematical knowledge for teaching teachers: potentials of history of mathematics in teacher educator t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- Looking forward to last day (for me) of the EML 2018 with @deborah_ball. What a wonderful opportunity to study, dis… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 months ago
- RT @A2SchoolsSuper: We ❤️ #TreeTown @A2schools #InspireA2 #A2gether Ann Arbor named best place to live in America - again https://t.co/yRrH… 1 year ago