International Study Group on the Relations between History and Pedagogy of Mathematics (HPM) is arranging their annual satellite meeting of 2008 in Mexico, and it starts the day after ICME 11 has finished. The meeting is held from July 14-18, in Mexico City.
These are the main themes of HPM 2008:
- Integrating the History of Mathematics in Mathematics Education.
- Topics in the History of Mathematics Education.
- Mathematics and its relation to science, technology and the arts: historical issues and educational implications.
- Cultures and Mathematics.
- Historical, philosophical and epistemological issues in Mathematics Education.
- Mathematics from the Americas
Take a look at the program for further information!