In China, a school-based teaching research system was built since 1952 and Teaching Research Group (TRG) exists in every school. In the paper, a teacher’s three lessons and the changes in each lesson were described, which might show a track of how lessons were continuously developed in TRG. The Mathematical Tasks Framework, The Task Analysis Guide, and Factors Associated with the Maintenance and the Decline of High-level Cognitive Demands developed in the Quantitative Understanding: Amplifying Student Achievement and Reasoning project (Stein and Smith in Math Teach Middle School 3(4):268–275, 1998; Stein et al. in Implementing stardards-based mathematics instruction. Teachers College Press, NY, pp. 1–33, 2000), were employed in this study. Based on the perspective of Mathematical Task Analysis, changes of three lessons were described and the author provided a snapshot for understanding how a Chinese teacher gradually improved his/her lessons in TRG activities.
- RT @shankerinst: We are devastated to report the death of David K. Cohen, a founding member of the Albert Shanker Institute’s board of dire… 3 months ago
- Check this out! twitter.com/SLSingh/status… 4 months ago
- I really appreciated the keynote by @deborah_ball #TWSummerInstitute To quote some of her closing words: "It's coll… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 months ago
- RT @TeachingWorks: Today is the day! If you signed up to join us, the link to view our #TWSummerInstitute keynote address today is waiting… 6 months ago
- Looking forward to the lecture by @deborah_ball at #TWSummerInstitute 6 months ago