In this study, we aim to examine and discuss approaches and practices in developing mathematics textbooks in China, with a special focus on the development of secondary school mathematics textbook in the context of recent school mathematics reform. Textbook development in China has its own history. This study reveals some common practices and approaches developed and used in selecting, presenting and organizing content in mathematics textbooks over the years. With the recent curriculum reform taking place in China, we also discuss some new developments in compiling and publishing high school mathematics textbooks. Implications obtained from Chinese practices in textbook development are then discussed in a broad context.
- RT @A2SchoolsSuper: We ❤️ #TreeTown @A2schools #InspireA2 #A2gether Ann Arbor named best place to live in America - again https://t.co/yRrH… 6 months ago
- RT @SpringerEdu: Teachers’ talk about the mathematical practice of attending to precision link.springer.com/article/10.100… 6 months ago
- RT @SpringerEdu: RT @authorzone: Discover what English-language #SpringerNature books topped 2017’s list in downloads, citations, and menti… 6 months ago
- Sharing some thoughts about the process of settling down in Ann Arbor. #Sabbatical fulbright.no/grantee-experi… 9 months ago
- RT @velonews: Time trials can be a snooze, but the elite men’s ITT championship race was quite the opposite. velonews.com/2017/09/news/b… 10 months ago