In this study, we aim to examine and discuss approaches and practices in developing mathematics textbooks in China, with a special focus on the development of secondary school mathematics textbook in the context of recent school mathematics reform. Textbook development in China has its own history. This study reveals some common practices and approaches developed and used in selecting, presenting and organizing content in mathematics textbooks over the years. With the recent curriculum reform taking place in China, we also discuss some new developments in compiling and publishing high school mathematics textbooks. Implications obtained from Chinese practices in textbook development are then discussed in a broad context.
- RT @SpringerEdu: Educational Studies in Mathematics 50th Year anniversary with Springer! springer.com/education+%26+… 2 weeks ago
- Ny oversikt over forskning om undervisningskunnskap i matematikk publisert i NOMAD ncm.gu.se/node/8812 1 month ago
- I like the new article in Ed.Stud.Math. on problem solving and theory building in math by Hyman Bass! link.springer.com/article/10.100… 1 month ago
- How nice! Actually, I thought it might be you when I heard your name, Raymond (@MathEdnet)! We should talk tomorrow :-) 4 months ago
- Enjoyed rehearsing rehearsals at #Novemberkonferansen with @ekazemi today! Choral counting has a lot to it! 7 months ago