In recent years, there has been a decline in the number of students aged 16–18 studying and being able to access higher level mathematics in schools in the UK. The Further Mathematics Network (FMN) was set up to enable access to such mathematics to all students and to promote and encourage students to study at this level. The FMN has pioneered the use of Elluminate, a well established web-based package, for live mathematics tutoring. Small groups of students meet online with an experienced tutor to learn new aspects of mathematics and to look at ways to solve complex problems. There are also extensive online resources to support the students’ learning. The findings are discussed in the following article.
- Ny oversikt over forskning om undervisningskunnskap i matematikk publisert i NOMAD ncm.gu.se/node/8812 1 week ago
- I like the new article in Ed.Stud.Math. on problem solving and theory building in math by Hyman Bass! link.springer.com/article/10.100… 1 week ago
- How nice! Actually, I thought it might be you when I heard your name, Raymond (@MathEdnet)! We should talk tomorrow :-) 3 months ago
- Enjoyed rehearsing rehearsals at #Novemberkonferansen with @ekazemi today! Choral counting has a lot to it! 7 months ago
- J. Skott: «Generic example of generic proofs is Gauss: 1+2+3...+100=?» #Novemberkonferansen #playonwords 7 months ago