In this article, we address online distance mathematics education research and practice in Brazil, which are relative newcomers to the educational scene. We present the national context of education in Brazil, highlighting the organization of the educational system, and also a summary of national legislation on distance education and an overview of digital inclusion in the country. We outline the potential and relevance of distance education for the Brazilian educational system and show how it could intervene in the system. With respect to research and practice in online mathematics education, we present support for research, examples of studies and highlight different aspects being addressed, including its essential components. In addition, we discuss the synergy between distance education and teacher education, and mathematics distance education and modeling, as well as other initiatives in the national scenario.
- Ny oversikt over forskning om undervisningskunnskap i matematikk publisert i NOMAD ncm.gu.se/node/8812 1 week ago
- I like the new article in Ed.Stud.Math. on problem solving and theory building in math by Hyman Bass! link.springer.com/article/10.100… 1 week ago
- How nice! Actually, I thought it might be you when I heard your name, Raymond (@MathEdnet)! We should talk tomorrow :-) 3 months ago
- Enjoyed rehearsing rehearsals at #Novemberkonferansen with @ekazemi today! Choral counting has a lot to it! 7 months ago
- J. Skott: «Generic example of generic proofs is Gauss: 1+2+3...+100=?» #Novemberkonferansen #playonwords 7 months ago