Educational Psychology – An International Journal of Experimental Educational Psychology has published a number of articles related to mathematics in their most recent issues. I only recently received the RSS updates in Google Reader, so I have missed some of these articles. Here is a list of some of the most interesting articles that have appeared in the last couple of issues:
- Assessing preschool number sense: skills demonstrated by children prior to school entry, by Sally Clare Howell and Coral Rae Kemp. This article appeared in issue 4.
- Prior mathematics achievement, cognitive appraisals and anxiety as predictors of Finnish students’ later mathematics performance and career orientation, by Minna Kyttälä and Piia Maria Björn. This article appeared in issue 4.
- Assessment of subtraction scene understanding using a story-generation task, by Shigehiro Kinda. This article also appeared in issue 4.
- Re-examining factor structure of the attitudinal items from TIMSS 2003 in cross-cultural study of mathematics self-concept, by Shujie Liu and Lingqi Meng. This article appeared in issue 6.
- A model of the cognitive and affective factors for the use of representations at the learning of decimals, by Areti Panaoura, Athanasios Gagatsis, Eleni Deliyianni and Iliada Elia. This article also appeared in issue 6.