Some teaching projects in which the learning of mathematics was combined with mainly theatrical productions are reported on. They are related and opposed to an approach of drama in education by Pesci and the proposals of Sinclair for mathematics teaching and beauty. The analysis is based on the distinction between aesthetics as related to beauty or as related to sensual perception. The usefulness of concepts of model and metaphor for the understanding of aesthetic representations of mathematical subject matter is examined. It is claimed that the Peircean concept of the interpretant contributes to a concise analytical approach. The pedagogical attitude is committed to a balanced relationship of scientific and aesthetic values.
- RT @MatthewMaddux: Developing mathematical knowledge for teaching teachers: potentials of history of mathematics in teacher educator traini… 3 months ago
- RT @CERME11_2019: In preparation for the conference, we kindly ask you to send questions about ERME research, questions about ERME itself,… 3 months ago
- Developing mathematical knowledge for teaching teachers: potentials of history of mathematics in teacher educator t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- Looking forward to last day (for me) of the EML 2018 with @deborah_ball. What a wonderful opportunity to study, dis… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 months ago
- RT @A2SchoolsSuper: We ❤️ #TreeTown @A2schools #InspireA2 #A2gether Ann Arbor named best place to live in America - again https://t.co/yRrH… 1 year ago