The results of a comparative case study on mathematical and pedagogical content knowledge in the area of argumentation and proof of future teachers in Germany and Hong Kong are reported in this article. The study forms part of a qualitatively oriented comparative study on future teachers in Australia, Germany, and Hong Kong. Six case studies based on interviews and written questionnaires are described. These case studies show the strengths of the Hong Kong future teachers in mathematical knowledge in the area of argumentation and proof, whereas the three German future teachers perform stronger in the related pedagogical content domain. Furthermore, regarding the German future teachers, it seems that the two domains of knowledge are more strongly connected to each other. The results are interpreted in the light of related research, such as the MT21 study.
- RT @MatthewMaddux: Developing mathematical knowledge for teaching teachers: potentials of history of mathematics in teacher educator traini… 1 week ago
- RT @CERME11_2019: In preparation for the conference, we kindly ask you to send questions about ERME research, questions about ERME itself,… 1 week ago
- Developing mathematical knowledge for teaching teachers: potentials of history of mathematics in teacher educator t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Looking forward to last day (for me) of the EML 2018 with @deborah_ball. What a wonderful opportunity to study, dis… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- RT @A2SchoolsSuper: We ❤️ #TreeTown @A2schools #InspireA2 #A2gether Ann Arbor named best place to live in America - again https://t.co/yRrH… 12 months ago